Building a kitchen that exudes sophistication and functionality is key to achieving the perfect balance between beauty and purpose. As a homeowner, you understand the importance of creating a space that reflects your unique taste and adds ease to your lifestyle.
In this post we’ll walk through some of the elements of design. Be sure to check out some of our previous projects for ideas from lighting to appliances so you can get started on building the perfect room for cooking, eating, drinking, and enjoying life with friends and family.
The kitchen has long been considered the heart of the home, it’s where the magic happens! It is where you will create precious memories and have your most important conversations, so it’s worth spending time and money on to get it just right. We like to emphasize the importance of creating a home that is timelessly designed to express your style and enhance your family’s life rather than getting hung up on adhering to whatever is currently trending. You will love it much more for much longer! Our design partners are experts at achieving this outcome.
Here are some of the key areas to focus on:
- Flooring: The right flooring can set the tone for your kitchen’s style and functionality. Consider materials that are durable, easy to clean, and resistant to moisture. Most home designers recommend running the same flooring consistently throughout all the main areas of your home. When renovating, this usually means either patching in to match the existing, refinishing all the flooring to match the new kitchen, or replacing all the flooring throughout. Our expert team can do all of it! Your flooring must also compliment your cabinet finishes, so it is a crucial decision to make early in the design phase.
- Paint color: Choosing the right paint color can make a big difference in the overall look and feel of your kitchen. Consider colors that complement your home’s overall aesthetic and reflect your personality. Neutral shades of white or beige are timeless and versatile, while bold hues like navy or green can add a touch of drama and sophistication.
- Cabinets: Your kitchen cabinets are a major focal point of the space. Consider factors like storage needs, style, and materials when choosing your cabinetry. Custom cabinets made from high-quality materials like hardwood or metal can add a touch of elegance and luxury. Cabinets are also arguably the most important part of your kitchen design and will require a lot of forethought. Take your time to and work with your designer to maximize the efficiency and beauty!
- Countertops: Your countertops should be both functional and stylish. Consider materials like quartz, granite, or marble for a luxurious touch. For a more industrial or modern feel, concrete or stainless steel may be a good option. There are pros and cons to the function of each, so be sure to ask lots of questions when making this decision.
- Lighting: The right lighting can make your kitchen feel warm and inviting. Consider adding layers of lighting, including task lighting for work areas, ambient lighting for overall illumination, and decorative lighting for added flair.
- Appliances: High-end appliances can add both function and luxury to your kitchen. Consider features like smart technology, energy efficiency, and professional-grade quality when selecting your appliances.
In addition to these key design details, consider incorporating unique elements like a custom kitchen island, a backsplash with intricate tilework, a built-in wine cooler, a designer pot-filler behind the stovetop, metallic accents…; the options are endless to add extra touches of elegance to your space.
Knowledge of the required maintenance, durability, and function of each type of product and selection must go into every design decision. This can be daunting, but we are here to help! Let our expert team assist you in creating a kitchen that reflects your refined taste and style and brings your dream kitchen to life.